Hotel Operations Consulting
Synergy provides operational consulting to hotel's seeking improved financial performance, guest satisfaction and team morale. Typically these services include analysis of a hotel's market, competitive strengths and opportunities, and operational recommendations and guidance. Should it be desired, Synergy will assist with the implementation of recommendations at the property level as needed. These services include but are not limited to:
- Regular hotel visits and meetings with General Manager and management team.
- Review of monthly financial statements and Smith Travel Research reports.
- Review of Marketing Plan and sales department activity.
- Reporting to ownership of our observations and recommendations.
Synergy has successfully assisted inexperienced hotel developers with the conceptual and physical development, construction, staffing, and opening of new hotels. These services are typically coupled with an ongoing management relationship. In this manner, we can ensure that a new hotel project is designed and constructed to provide for a maximum return on investment, and staffed to open in a successful and organized fashion. These services include but are not limited to:
- Attend meetings with architect, engineers, general contractor, owner's consultants and franchisor's design & construction staff on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the selection of franchise and negotiation of franchise agreement.
- Assist design team with site layout.
- Assist design team with building layout and configuration (room-mix distribution, back of house, storage areas, recreation areas, etc).
- Assist design team with the selection of mechanical systems.
- Assist with the selection and coordination of purchasing of all FF & E (ie; lock systems, office equipment, Property Management System, telephone & call accounting systems, energy management systems, housekeeping equipment & supplies, pantry equipment & supplies, guest supplies, inventories, etc.)
- Recommend and assist in negotiations with trade professionals for services such general contractor, specialty trade contractors, interior designers and FF&E installers.
- Establish Standard Operating Procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Hiring and training of hotel staff.
- Implementation of all hotel operating service contracts.
- Implementation of hotel accounting processes and systems.
- Manage franchise relationship during construction through opening.